A client at a law firm, is actively recruiting a Permanent Payroll Assistant in their Richmond office.
Vaccination is required. This position would train in the office and then have potential to work remote and eventually will return to full-time in office.
They are located downtown and parking is not provided and costs $5 a day (pre-taxed out of paycheck). Must pass a background check.
Salary Range: $40K to $47K
This position handles preparation and reconciliation of Firm payrolls and distribution of checks.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Prepares payroll accurately and timely by coding, keying, and preparing reconciliations of all payroll transactions for each period.
2. Produces, as required, supplemental (off cycle) payrolls and manual checks. Processes and submits for approval all external payroll-related payment requests.
3. Assists with the sorting, stuffing and distribution of pay stubs and annual W2 forms to all offices.
4. Prepares timely and accurate reports for use in processing and reconciling payroll, for supervisory review, and distribution to others.
5. Responds timely and accurately to inquiries submitted to the Payroll email alias and communicates with offices about payroll deadlines and year-end payroll closing schedule.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum 2 years payroll experience and general accounting or bookkeeping experience preferred, preferably automated.
Licenses, Certifications: American Payroll Association certification desirable but not required.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Knowledge of payroll/HR integrated system preferred. Working knowledge of software applications such as UltiPro, Excel, Word, Access or some type of database management. Requires lifting and moving of large binders and boxes of payroll reports. Ability to work well under pressure, patience, diplomacy, high stress tolerance, excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to prioritize workload and adapt to changing conditions. Visual acuity needed for transcription, extensive reading and input (typing) of information into computer. Ability to receive and convey detailed information through oral communication.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.accountingprincipals.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records