Accounting Principals has partnered with an IT consulting organization seeking a Payroll Accountant to join their team on the north side of Indianapolis. The Payroll Accountant is responsible for preparation and processing of associates payrolls, payment of payroll taxes/deductions along with additional accounting-based duties. The ideal candidate should have at least 2+ years prior experience with payroll and accounting. Compensation for this position is $60,000.
- Process bi-weekly and monthly payroll for associates
- Oversee the payment of payroll taxes and deductions
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reports
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations during both month/year-end close
- Serve as a back-up to the Accountant
- Process Monthly Bank Reconciliation, review, analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, required
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local regulations related to payroll, principles of accounting, basic payroll taxes
- Experience using a 3rd party payroll vendor
- 2+ years experience in a similar capacity
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply for further consideration.
Please apply with your CV to: