Payroll Accountant job in Philadelphia, PA
Are you seeking your next great opportunity? We are currently recruiting for a Payroll Accountant. This is an accountant role that supports a Payroll Dept. Located in Center City Philadelphia, this is a direct hire opportunity paying up to $80K annually. Our client offers an outstanding benefits package and offers opportunities to career development.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for all compensation-related accounting entries, account reconciliations and supporting general ledger schedules.
- Manage the domestic payroll and compensation process in conjunction with the Firm’s executives and Human Resources department
- Support and coordinate international compensation events administered by third-party vendors
- Review, process and archive all compensation events, including those requiring formal approvals and authorizations.
- Assist with bonus calculations, payment processes and associated reconciliations.
- Coordinate paid time-off (PTO) tracking for the Finance department.
- Assist the Human Resources department with administration of the firm’s 401K and profit sharing.
- Coordinate payroll-related compensation and tax matters for ex-patriated employees.
- Provide analysis and modeling in support of management reporting, forecasting and strategic planning initiatives.
- Superior understanding of payroll process, including regulatory and tax matters.
- Detail-oriented with a keen focus on accuracy and precision.
- Superior oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with employees, executives and business partners.
- Superior organizational abilities and time management skills.
- Intellectual curiosity with respect to process improvement and the ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Assist and advise employees with respect to payroll-related questions and issues.
- Assist employees with Philadelphia wage tax refund petition requests.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience with demonstrated technical proficiency.
- Professional certifications preferred, including the FPC / CPP (Fundamental Payroll Certification / Certified Payroll Professional)
- Experience with Workday preferred
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume to email@example.com or apply directly to this posting.