The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing and posting of accounting entries, completing detailed financial reconciliations, tracking and maintenance of databases and financial records, as well as monthly reports. This position assists the Controller in the monthly and fiscal year-end close of the accounting records and will provide back up support to other employees as necessary. He/she participates in completing budgets, the annual audit and preparing financial statements.
•Process and/or posts cash receipts, cash disbursements and monthly allocation entries using MIP Fund Accounting software.
• the company’s bank and balance sheet reconciliations are current and performed monthly.
•Prepares monthly invoices to bill funders for various local, state & federal contracts.
•Assist with drawdowns of federal & state funds for various programs.
•Assist in the coordination and preparation of assigned duties for external audits.
•Maintain communication with company personnel external and internal to the department to facilitate information between accounting and operations and to ensure understanding and control of accounting issues and/or transactions.
•Create and evaluate internal reporting and make recommendations regarding improvements in the timeliness, efficiency and accuracy of the company’s existing reporting procedures.
The successful candidate will have: 3-7 Years of related experience. BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Accounting, Business, Finance or other related field of study is required.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities include:
• Understanding of US GAAP and OMB Circular A-133.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• MIP Fund Accounting software knowledge a plus.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Detail oriented, with a strong emphasis on accuracy.
• Ability to work independently or as a team member on projects of all sizes.