Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity with a Top Notch Investment Firm? We are currently hiring for a Staff Level Operations Associate. This is a Full Time Contract opportunity with an open duration. The ideal candidate will be available immediately, have 1 to 3 years of experience working within the financial industry ideally with a bank, brokerage or investment manager. This position pays up to $25/hour.
The Operations Associate for Reconciliation will assist the Supervisor and/or Team lead and the Operations Manager by performing tasks related to the reconciliation of daily global cash positions in fund and separately managed accounts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform daily global cash reconciliations for Equity and Fixed Income fund or separate managed accounts; Review daily cash reconciliation exception reports
- Research and resolve discrepancies identified in exception reports
- Monitor email communication for cash flow activity in funds and separate managed accounts.
- Post to accounting necessary cash flow activity and cash identified from reconciliation breaks
- Instruct custodians to make corrections related to reconciling discrepancies
- Perform month end market and position evaluations
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports to satisfy departmental requirements
- Implement and maintain processes and procedures to support reconciliation and market evaluation.
- Assist with process re-engineering to increase departmental efficiencies
- Assist manager as required
Job Specifications & Experience:
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Team oriented
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude for details
- Familiar with global trade settlement process
- Familiar with foreign exchange
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office and an aptitude to learn different systems/applications.
- Professional attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting preferred.
- One to three years’ experience in financial industry, preferably at a bank, brokerage firm or investment manager, in a position with similar responsibilities.
Please apply with your CV to: