Accounting Principals is looking for an AP Speciialist for a law firm in Chicago. The Accounts Payable Analyst is responsible, as part of the wider team, for all accounts payable administrative functions. The position plays a key role in bringing in-house operations to modern processing standards. As part of a project team, the Analyst assists in the development and enhancement of Finance department related functions to ensure appropriate levels of controls and accurate data capture.
• Audits electronic expense reports in Chrome River and reviews vendor invoices received for compliance with policy, propriety of approver, accuracy of assigned GL codes and adequacy of receipts.
• Maintains vendor master files.
• Performs vendor EDI file uploads.
• Processes contract – related payments timely and accurately per terms.
• Prepares batch check runs, ACH transactions and wire transfers.
• Ensures scheduled activities are executed prior to deadlines.
• Maintains electronic copies of invoices and requisitions in accordance with record retention policy.
• Tracks and reports expense report and vendor invoice backlog on a daily basis; assists with short term and longer-term processing changes and staffing adjustments to avoid backlog.
• Responds promptly and professionally to external vendors and internal customers regarding all aspects of accounts payable administration, including vendor account inquiry, rush payment requests and billing team requests for payment supporting documentation.
• Participates in continuous process improvement, evaluation of internal controls and documentation of operating policies and procedures.
• Carefully adheres to internal controls requirements.
• Serves as a subject matter expert with respect to accounts payable activity.
• Processes monthly or quarterly reports as requested.
• Assists in ad hoc projects as needed.
• Participates with stakeholders and other team members to understand business requirements that develop and/or enhance processes related to data capture, in the following business-related activities:
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting, Mathematics or Computer Science
• 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services organization
• Attention to detail
• Advanced Excel skills
• Technologically adept
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Healthy dose of skepticism and willingness to question the validity and accuracy of data sets
• Team player
• Partnering, negotiating and consensus building skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING:
• Financial/Legal management software such as Rippe & Kingston Systems, Aderant
• Travel and expense management tool such as Chrome River or Concur
• Microsoft Office particularly Excel
• Integration of ERP Software Modules
• Business workflow (dependent on functional area)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Please apply with your CV to: