Accounting Principals has several opportunities coming up for Lease Accountants in the Mercer County area. For these projects you must have a minimum of 2 years’ general accounting experience within the Real Estate industry. Prior experience working with Yardi is highly preferred.
Lease Accountant Responsibilities Include:
• Input cash receipts, prepare deposits and make deposits to bank daily
• Apply back billings to residents, which includes utilities, damages, legal fees, etc.
• Ensure deposit slips are filled out correctly
• Prepare monthly postings reports for property managers
• Perform security deposit accounting and move outs weekly in Yardi
• Review move out reports ensure all billing to resident has been captured
• Ensure move-out paper work is received from site within 72 hours of move-out
• Make sure security deposit returned to tenants within 30 days of move out
• BS in Accounting or other accounting certifications
• 2-3 years accounts receivable and general accounting experience
• Property Management/Real Estate a MUST
• Knowledge of accounts receivable, accounts payable, bookkeeping & general accounting required
• Experience in processing healthcare receivables a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, Outlook)
• 2- 3 years Yardi experience preferred
If you would like to learn more about the Lease Accountant projects, please contact the Princeton, NJ office today at (609) 452-7117.