Do enjoy working for a mission-based organization with global reach? Accounting Principals is working with a wonderful client in need of a Junior Accountant to start the job immediately in New York, NY! Bachelor's degree in accounting is preferred. Proficiency in MS Excel including pivot table and vlook up functions is required. This is a great opportunity to not only further your accounting career, but to feel great about the organization you work for!
What can I expect my day to day to be in the Junior Accountant job?
- Upload invoices into Financial Edge
- Ensure accuracy of accounts payable invoices prior to payment
- Process employee T&E, verify back up documentation is in place prior to reimbursement
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Prepare month end journal entries for Staff Accountant review
- Assist the development team with gift entry into Raiser's Edge as needed
What are the sought after qualifications?
- BS in Accounting/Finance
- At least one year of accounting experience, ideally in the nonprofit sector
- Strong intermediate Excel including pivot tables and vlook ups
- Financial Edge and Raiser's Edge experience a plus
- Must have a can-do attitude and be a quick study to succeed!
Are you excited by chance to be considered for the above-listed Junior Accountant job in NYC? We are excited to discuss it with you too-- please apply today!