Did you recently graduate with a Degree in Accounting? Are you ready to get your career started at a fun company? If so, then check out this new opportunity we have in Philadelphia, PA for a Junior Accountant. Our client is a hospitality company that’s growing their presence here and ready to add to their accounting team! This is a direct hire role with great potential. Salary is up to $45K annually!
The Junior Accountant is responsible for various accounting tasks including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and data entry into the Company’s accounting systems. This individual must possess excellent communication skills and be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. He/she will establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with many individuals and will perform well as part of a team.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Processes invoices in a timely manner, including sorting and obtaining appropriate approvals.
- Performs data entry in QuickBooks and processes checks for mailing.
- Book Sales entries daily
- Prepares and maintains accounts payable records and reports.
- Manages vendor payments and files.
- Assisting in maintaining our invoice management system across multiple locations
- Resolves accounts payable issues among internal departments as well as outside agencies.
- Verifies accuracy of checks to invoices, corresponding purchase orders and receiving documentation.
- Responds to vendors regarding payments or invoices.
- Providing general administrative support as needed.
- Various other tasks as requested or assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- BS in Accounting or Finance is required
- Prior experience using QuickBooks is a plus
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work solo or within a team to complete projects.
- Prior experience in the Hospitality industry a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook.