We are hiring a Jr. Staff Accountant for a worldwide organization in real estate and property management. This temp to hire opportunity is available in the office located in Bridgehampton, NY. Candidates must have at least 2 years of related experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, processing commissions, monthly corporate close process, including operating expense accruals, account reconciliations, and/or variance analysis. Previous experience in an accounting related role in the real estate industry a huge plus!
The ideal candidate will be a college graduate who is looking for a position with opportunity for career growth. In this role, the individual will report directly to the Senior Accountant onsite with additional oversight by company’s Controller located in New York City and regularly interact with managers throughout the Hamptons.
- Assist with processing account payables and account receivable
- Auditing and processing real estate commissions
- Assist with monthly corporate close process, including operating expense accruals, account reconciliations, variance analysis, etc.
- Maintain strong communication across offices and departments (including with branch office managers, outside vendors, company executives, and clients) to ensure proper reporting of revenues and expenses and flow of information.
- Associate degree or equivalent; Bachelors degree preferred
- 2+ years of related accounting experience (to include above); or alternatively a college graduate with a degree in Accounting or Finance and 1-2 completed accounting internships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills
- Highly motivated and an independent thinker with strong organization and communication skills
If you are interested and immediately available to start or interview for this location, apply to this posting today!
Please apply with your CV to: