Do you have a passion for non profit? Is your passion helping people and giving back to the community and you'd like to work for a company that has the same passion? Accounting Principals is partnering with a non-profit organization for a temporary-to-permanent Grant Accountant job in New York City, NY. This position offers a casual work environment with an upbeat and family oriented environment. Please read on for additional details!
What are the responsibilities?
- Analyzing federal, state and local grant contracts to determine allowable v. non-allowable expenses
- Analyzing and negotiating indirect cost rates
- Allocating expenditures to appropriate accounts
- Forecasting budgets for various programs
- Tracking expenses to ensure compliance and prevent overspending
- Preparing monthly reports to funding sources regarding the status of grants
- Reconciling grants to general ledger
- Applying for reimbursements
Successful candidates in past have had the following skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of five years of experience working with federal, state and local grants
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, v lookups, etc.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft or Financial Edge is highly preferred
- Strong communication
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
If you are interested in this temporary-to-permanent Grant Accountant job in New York, NY please Apply now! If you would like to look at additional opportunities please visit www.accountingprincpals.com.
Please apply with your CV to: