We have partnered with a Plano TX client to find a Financial Analyst for a contract to hire position paying up to $80k.This job requires skills as a Financial Analyst and an Investment Accountant. As a Financial Analyst, you will maintain the investment accounting reporting system on behalf of clients in an accurate and consistent fashion. This includes writing and running queries on the database for various purposes, preparing billing for advisory and brokerage clients, preparing, and distributing monthly accounting reports for clients and troubleshooting for errors on accounting reports.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Degree in Finance or 3-5 years’ experience in financial services industry
• Good computer skills and networking experience
• Understanding of financial and investment markets
• Proficient in Excel
• Knowledge of trading and settlement of fixed income securities
• Experience in investment accounting and investment accounting software
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and co-workers
What You Will Be Doing:
• Trade input into investment accounting system for advisory and brokerage services
• Provide investment accounting reports for advisory and brokerage clients.
• Maintain investment accounting system for advisory and brokerage services; rates/factors/yields, market prices, prepayment types and speeds, accounting methods, exception reports.
• BondEdge Administrator for Investment Services Department; upload portfolios, model bonds, run reports.
• Prepare billing for advisory and ALM departments
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Back-up for security safekeeping duties.
• Respond to credit union calls when needed; advisory, safekeeping, investment accounting.
• Maintain statistical data for advisory services.
• Research requests from credit unions regarding payments, settlements, and accounting reports.
• Coordinate required SEC compliance for advisory service.
• Perform portfolio analysis for credit unions.
• Maintain various investment services agreements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.accountingprincipals.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Please apply with your CV to: