Our client is seeking a Financial Analyst to join their Finance team. The primary responsibilities of the Financial Analyst are to assist with monthly financial reporting, analysis, and forecasting as well as the annual budget process. The Financial Analyst provides financial and analytical support for management decision making and is supervised by the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis.
- The Financial Analyst will assist with monthly analysis of business unit performance and highlights drivers of variances vs. budget and forecast.
- Create a monthly financial reporting package for management.
- Work with non-finance departments to review results of analysis and develop rolling forecasts for the remainder of the fiscal year.
- The Financial Analyst will monitor trends of key financial metrics and drivers.
- Ongoing development of financial reporting and analysis tools.
- Perform ad hoc analyses as needed.
- The Financial Analyst will prepare and/or review financial proposals and reports to funders.
- Support SAP, SAS, and other external reporting as needed.
- Attend budget meetings and assist with data gathering.
- Enter budget data into budget software.
- Prepare detailed schedules for important revenue and expense categories.
- Assist in distributing and providing support to end users.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and procedures, including reporting, analysis, forecasting, and budgeting is required.
- Strong applied knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Experience with financial reporting or database systems, such as Adaptive Planning, HFM, Cognos, or Microsoft Access, is a plus.
- Proficiency with accounting software systems, such as Great Plains/Dynamics or comparable package, strongly preferred.
- Desire to challenge the status quo and pursue continuous process improvement.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Effective communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills and an enthusiastic team member.
- A desire to work in a creative and non-profit environment.
- College degree in finance or related field required.
- Minimum of one to three years of relevant finance experience. Or equivalent combination of education and experience
For further consideration for this position please apply at www.accountingprincipals.com and send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply with your CV to: