Financial Accountant Job in Seattle, WA
A growing software manufacturing company is looking for a Financial Accountant to join their small team. This role will own the financial reporting, banking, and Concur Time and Expense system administration. Your system administration responsibilities will extend to the general ledger system both monitoring successful integration between the systems, and analyzing month-over-month expense variances. You will also be the financial reporting expert and go-to person for developing custom reports required for both the Accounting month-end close and other cross-departmental requests that contribute to the company-wide goals and objectives. If you like accounting but want to include more of the financial side, this is the role for you! This is a direct hire role offering full benefit and a generous salary!
Your Job Responsibilities:
• A subject matter expert with Concur Expense Software to support employees with expense reports, payment inquiries and travel needs.
• Manage vendor relationships
• Effectively communicate with and provide excellent and timely customer service to employees.
• Manage the company corporate credit card program and ensure employee statement reconciliations and discrepancies are resolved timely, and take steps to avoid past due balances.
• Review expense report approval work flows, expense coding, and compliance with company policy.
• Balance GL accounts on a regular basis to confirm that all expense reports have integrated completely and accurately.
• Reconcile cash paid for employee reimbursements.
• Maintain thorough and accurate files and documentation in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting practices.
• Record accruals for employee spend and other miscellaneous journal entries at month-end.
• Review and reconcile monthly travel credit card activity and record journal entries.
• Preparation of financial statements; balance sheet, cash flow, and income statement.
• Recognize all revenue expenditures
• Manipulate data and present it to improve accounting processes
• Responsible for IT integration of Accounting Systems
• Assist with other accounting related projects as needed.
• Experience in QuickBooks is required!!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related preferred.
• 3+ years professional experience preferred.
• Strong communication and customer service skills – both written and verbal.
• Ability to execute accounting tasks with high attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required (using pivot tables, v-Lookups, etc.)
• Must be an innovative, self-starter who is detailed oriented.
If you are interested in applying to this job in Seattle, WA click “apply” below. Remember to visit our website www.accountingprincipals.com to view other accounting opportunities in the area.