Assist ICMA professional technical staff in creating, maintaining, and grading certification examinations. This position reports to the Director, Exam Localization and Administration, and will also work closely with the Senior Director, Exam Development and Performance Analysis.
• Assist in the development of examination content for both English and Chinese CMA exams. • Manage examination databases of questions in both English and Chinese.
• Review, edit, and determine the acceptability of item writers’ submissions for English exam.
• Ensure quality of translation of exam questions from English to Simplified Chinese.
• Participate in the development of grading guides for the essay section of the exam.
• Along with other professional staff, manage the grading of essay responses written in Chinese.
• Help grade English Language essay responses as required.
• Review performance of actual test results to determine validity of items and reliability of exams.
• Participate in establishing Content Specifications and Learning Outcome Statements for the CMA exams.
• Participate in the development of examination format and passing criteria.
• Prepare candidate demographic and exam performance summaries.
• Stay current with accounting/finance/IT literature.
• Interface with Exam Review Committees to review and approve English and Chinese language questions.
• Interface with candidates worldwide for certification questions and advice as needed.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned.
• Valid exam questions in both English and Chinese
• Reliable exams in both English and Chinese
• Accurate translations of exam questions and supporting material from English to Simplified Chinese
• Valid, timely, and efficient grading of Chinese language essay questions
• Number of exams taken
• Reliability statistics
• Customer satisfaction
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES and OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Advanced degree in accounting or finance preferred
• CMA, CFM, CPA or comparable designation preferred
• Fluent in Chinese (Mandarin)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Simplified Chinese
• 5 + years management accounting or financial management experience or 5 + years experience teaching accounting or finance
• Ability to be an effective member of project teams
• Good research skills
• Strong skills in standard office applications software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong customer and results orientation
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
• Ability to travel moderately, including one or two trips annually to China