Direct Hire, Entry Level Staff Accountant in Washington, D.C.
A prominent non-profit in the DC area is looking for a driven accountant to join their accounting team. A private, educational organization; this non-profit serves as an expert in the valuation profession. The person in this position will provide accounting support to the finance department. This includes reconciliation of bank statements, preparing and posting journal entries, assisting with budget and other year-end activities, and serve as a backup to the payroll department. The role will also assist with audit preparation and help with special projects as needed. The company has a great benefits program and a generous annual leave plan. The annual salary range for this position is between $45,000 and $55,000, depending on experience.
• Provide general accounting support to the finance department and serve as a backup for the accounts payable and accounts receivable departments
• Process and posting journal entries
• Maintain support schedules for various accounts and assist with month-end close
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
• 1-2 years of experience in accounting (internship experience will satisfy this requirement)
• Team player who enjoys learning new skills and is looking to establish a future in accounting
Please apply with your CV to: