Entry Level Accounts Payable Accountant Job in Seattle, WA
Are you eager to begin a career in the Accounting field? Are you a recent grad looking for an opportunity to grow with a fun and dynamic company? Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity!
A large client of ours in Downtown Seattle is searching for an entry level candidate with an Accounting degree to join their Accounts Payable department! There is plenty of opportunity to learn various systems, Accounting processes, and procedures in this role. What better way to kick off your career than build that kind of a foundation?
Entry Level Accounts Payable Accountant Job Responsibilities:
- Enter invoices into the company’s ERP system using 10-Key by touch.
- Familiarize yourself with the company’s chart of accounts to ensure accurate booking.
- Ensure that those invoices are hitting the correct locations, cost centers, and accounts.
- Match invoices to purchase orders and receiving documents to verify accuracy of amounts, items, quantities, taxes, and discounts.
- Perform daily batch audits of invoices and purchase orders to ensure payment accuracy.
- Learn department procedures, approval limits, and standard operating procedures.
- Familiarize yourself with the company’s internal capitalization policy and use GAAP and SOX as guidelines in all daily operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or another related field required.
- Eagerness to learn, cross train, and organically grow into a higher-level Accounting or Finance role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and stay calm under pressure.
- Willingness to assist in other areas of Accounting as the business dictates.
- A personable and approachable problem solver who will bring a good energy to the team.
If you think that this Entry Level Accounts Payable Job in Seattle, WA may be the perfect way to build a strong foundation for the rest of your career, please submit a Microsoft Word version of your resume and apply now! We cannot wait to get you considered for this role!