We have an immediate opening for a Remote Director of Payroll. This is a contract opportunity. Client is headquartered in the Philadelphia Area, candidate will be working from home however must be available to work 8am to 5pm - EST. This position pays up to $60/hour.
To ensure the accurate and timely processing of an international, multi-state, multi-company payroll operation; to maintain compliance with all federal, state, and local regulatory requirements; to ensure the integrity of the payroll system, payroll data and time entry system.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure the accurate and timely processing of an international multi-state, multi-company payroll operation for a 1,000+ employee company.
• Ensure the timely and accurate processing of new hires, promotions and terminations.
• Ensures proper internal control processes are being followed and supports year-end audit field work related to payroll.
• Maintain compliance with all international and domestic federal, state, and local payroll tax regulatory requirements.
• Partner with HR and benefits to ensure effective and seamless flow of compensation and benefits data.
• Ensure accurate accounting/general ledger coding and reporting accuracy for all payroll related activity.
• Manages all 3rd party vendor relationships (domestic and international).
• Oversees and provides for the development of payroll staff.
• Leads all payroll system upgrades and enhancements.
• Capability to systemically provide accurate and timely payroll data.
• Ensures the accuracy and integrity of employee year-end tax related statements.
• Act as payroll SME on company projects as required.
• Continually enhance job knowledge, both domestically and internationally.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• ADP experience required.
• Experience with international payroll and compliance required. Proficient knowledge of payroll tax laws and accounting implications.
• Previous management responsibilities of the day-to-day operations of the payroll function.
• Strong experience performing payroll, general ledger, tax and related payroll reconciliations.
• Strong payroll systems knowledge including testing and applying upgrades and enhancements.
• Oracle Time and Labor experience strongly preferred
• Strong ability to supervise, train and develop payroll staff.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Must be detailed oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages is required; requires strong proficiency with Excel and databases
• Must manage time and priorities effectively by completing tasks in a timely manner.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or the equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
• Minimum of ten years of payroll experience in a multi-state environment including international payroll exposure, with six years supervisory responsibilities.
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
If you are interested and qualified, please apply immediately.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Please apply with your CV to: