Director of Accounting job in New York City
Accounting Principals is working with a growing Consumer Goods/Retail company to fill a Director of Accounting job in New York City.This is a long-term consulting opportunity (6+ months). To qualify for this position, candidates must have a CPA and both public and private experience. Someone with previous Retail or consumer products experience would be fantastic as well! This a great opportunity for someone that wants the flexibility of consulting but also the stability of a longer term role.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Managing a team of about 15 including Accounting Managers
- Overseeing the month end close process, quarterly close, and annual close process
- Preparing consolidated cash flow statements
- Overseeing general accounting functions like account reconciliation & journal entries
- Providing analysis and commentary on any changes to the balance sheet
- Working closely with multiple accounting teams
- Ad-hoc accounting projects
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Big 4 or public and private experience
- Consumer products or inventory based experience ideal
- Experience managing complex teams and accounting for multiple locations
If this Director of Accounting consultant job in New York City sounds like one that interests you, apply today! For immediate consideration for this role, or any other accounting and finance roles in New York City, please apply now!