Our team is working with a growing company in Jacksonville to find a Credit and Collections professional. The right candidate must have superior analytical, reconciliation, computer and interpersonal skill sets, possessing the ability to think and work independently, yet work effectively with a team to accomplish team goals. The knowledge of Excel/Access/Word level is a must, and experience with Great Plains is a major plus, to be effective. Candidate must be extremely organized, able to set priorities and possess leadership skills to be successful in this position.
• Own and drive betterment in B2B current and past due %, collections and recovery, maintain clients’ aging’s at terms.
• Effective customer communication regarding accounts receivable status. Update systems accordingly.
• Expedite payments before client terms, if possible.
• Manage the performance of the Accounts Receivable by developing and maintaining credit policy, analyzing delinquent accounts via differential analysis, and determining/update plan to collect outstanding receivables within company deadlines. Conduct research and conceptualize new techniques, ideas, and solutions for a variety of credit challenges.
• Build and maintain cross-functional relationships throughout the company to ensure credit management needs are being met in a timely manner.
• Aggressive but professional collection efforts on clients past terms while promoting quality customer service and preserving client relationships.
• Manage past due and high risk accounts and implement collection efforts based on management directed strategy.
• Produce and analyze accounts receivable aging of accounts to determine overdue accounts, and subsequent collection action.
• Review A/R weekly with Controller.
• Develop and maintain processes and procedures to analyze accounts and establish appropriate credit limits and approval/denial guidelines.
• Communicate effectively to internal & external customers regarding new account applications and credit decisions.
• Respond to customer questions, resolve issues within scope of responsibility, resolve disputes or other billing issues that are causing payment to be withheld. Research and resolve short-payments.
• Daily Cash Application
• Meet pre-determined departmental standards for productivity and quality measures, to include daily deadlines.
• Planning, evaluating, implementing and continuously improving all aspects of credit & collection functions and processes; assist in formulation of specific collection objectives and achievement of same.
• Previous P&L responsibility is a strong plus. Write, maintain, improved procedures.
• Working knowledge of Chart of Accounts.
• Administrative duties & Special Projects as assigned or needed.
• Expert PC Ability (Excel/Word/Access/Internet applications and client portals.)
• Knowledge of Great Plains a plus.
• Expert knowledge of Dunn & Bradstreet and other credit reporting agencies.
• Strong knowledge of various customer care, IT, billing, collections, recovery systems.
• Strong 10-key.
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy, ability to identify & resolve problems.
• Understand procedures and priorities, have sense of urgency.
• Innovative, team player.
• The ideal applicant will have a minimum bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or a related field, and at least two years in commercial (B2B) collections.
• Solid collection, analytical, organizational and negotiating skills; effective oral and written communication skills; and a solid knowledge of commercial credit and collection laws.
• Ideal applicant must enjoy working in a fast-paced, up-beat environment and be able to thrive under pressure.
If you are interested in this position, please apply in the link provided. For immediate consideration, email your resume to Meilani.Gonzales@AccountingPrincipals.com
Please apply with your CV to: