Are you a strong manufacturing accountant? We have a job opportunity in West Allis, WI for a Cost Accountant. You will have the chance to work for a great group of individuals who support a global company. Your responsibilities will include analyzing financial data to determine the effects of various costs structures on business profitability. For you to be the right candidate, you will have years of experience supporting a manufacturing company with higher education.
As a Cost Accountant your responsibilities include:
- Interprets operating results as they affect the financial aspects of the organization and makes specific recommendations which will result in cost reduction and profit improvement.
- Analyze and prepare closing journal entries and account reconciliations supporting base metal inventory balances and other accounts.
- Monitors and maintains the fixed costs associated with base metal parts, including analysis of Purchase Price Variance, clean-up of the Zero Unit Cost report, testing and verification of the Annual Standard Cost Roll, and analysis of the Annual Physical Inventory.
- Supports the Sales, Marketing and Manufacturing functions with financial analysis and recommendations analyzing changes in precious metals, base materials, product design and manufacturing methods to determine the effects of cost increases or decreases and the effects on profitability.
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard cost to actual production cost.
- Compare actual cost to cost estimates and identify reasons for variance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Five or more years’ experience in cost accounting
- Ability to work effectively in a variety of business systems
- Extensive experience working with Excel to sort and analyze large amounts of data
- Strong business acumen and the ability to interact with multiple levels of management
If you enjoy the aspects of cost accounting, we would like for you to apply to be a part of our client’s team in West Allis, WI.
Please apply with your CV to: