Cost Accountant Job: Triad Region, North Carolina
We are currently seeking a Cost Accountant with experience developing, maintaining and ensuring the accuracy of a standard cost system. In this job, you will be applying the principles of accounting and business acumen to analyze and report financial information and lead change throughout the department and business.
As a Cost Accountant your job duties will include:
• Development and successful maintenance of standard costing system and related conventions.
• Analyze current cost standards and coordinate audits to ensure accuracy of standards.
• Analyze changes in product costs and provide this information to the management team.
• Develop cost and profitability analysis for new production technology and business distribution initiatives.
• Determining standard costing policy and procedures; ensure appropriate updates of standard costing as required.
• Analyze price/mix impact on profitability on a monthly/YTD basis.
• Review and analyze variances from standards.
• Perform special costing studies to present to management.
• Support annual budget and planning process with standard cost analysis by brand, product, level, size and comfort.
• Train and develop corporate staff on standard cost controls and techniques.
• Research new cost accounting techniques and recommend changes to current system.
• Implement new cost accounting techniques/methodologies as required.
• With Operations, develop make vs. buy analysis for products/sub-components.
• With Operations, perform plant capacity/production cost analysis.
Do you have the following required skills and experience?
• Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing accounting experience.
Interested? Apply now! You may also find additional Accounting and Finance roles on our website: www.accountingprincipals.com
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Please apply with your CV to: