Cost Accounting Job in Wilmington, DE
Parker + Lynch is seeking a highly motivated and organized Cost Accountant for our client’s open position. If you would like to grow your career and play a critical role in the success of their team, you could be what our client is looking for in their next Cost Accountant! Our client promotes your personal development and self-initiative to support you in fully developing your individual strengths. You will be responsible for the development of annual product standard costs, and analyzing inventories. To be considered for this position, you must have a BA/BS in Accounting and a minimum of 3+ years of cost accounting/ finance experience in a manufacturing environment.
Cost Accountant job responsibilities include:
- Construct and maintain a cost accounting system that ensures accurate costing
- Prepare, analyze and report margins by product, product category, and location
- Identify system issues, enhancements, maintenance and development such as costing, accounting & finance activities
- Prepare cost estimates to aid management in budding on/or determining price of product or service
- Review operational spending and create analysis to aid production management in determining spending budget.
- Prepare management reports on KPI’s
- Provide advice, briefings and assistance on business
Cost Accountant job requirements:
- CPA or CMA in highly preferred
- 3+ years of accounting experience including some cost accounting with a manufacturing/ project environment
- Experience working with engineers and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills