Cost Accountant job in Newport Beach, CA
Are you a highly motivated Cost Accountant looking to take the next step in your career? If your answer is yes, then we have the job for you! Our client in Newport Beach is a leader in the manufacturing industry and is looking for qualified individuals to become a part of their dynamic company. Don’t miss out on the incredible direct hire job opportunity, Apply today!
-Manage fixed assets and depreciation schedules
- Construct data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system
- Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts
- Update standard costs in the bill of materials and make necessary corrections to existing data
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
Work with management to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory
- Analyze capital budgeting requests
- Perform cost accumulation tasks as a member of the target costing group
- Preparation of month-end journal entries with necessary reconciliation related to costing
- Preparation of necessary report on efficiencies and productivities of various department as well as plant-wide
- Monthly budget variance analysis
- Report on margins by product and division
- Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing on spending variances
-Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
-Advanced Excel skills, PowerPoint, Great Plains is a plus
-Solid understanding of GAAP and cost accounting
-Good business acumen with P&L and forecasting skills
-Validate the cost of goods as part of the month end close
- Excellent analysis skills, and the ability to collaborate with a multi-department team.
- Experience in manipulating large databases including MS Excel.
Apply online at www.accountingprincipals.com for immediate consideration and to view our other open job opportunities in the Orange County Area.
Please apply with your CV to: