Accounting Principals is assisting a Norfolk, VA client in its search for a Corporate Accountant. In this role, you will engage in the consolidation of company wide results and the reporting and analysis of those results. If you are skilled and motivated professional with recent public accounting experience that is looking to make a move to the corporate world, this is the role for you! This position has an attractive starting salary and benefit package.
Your duties and responsibilities for this Corporate Accountant include:
- Monthly management reporting package including consolidated financial statements and commentary on the underlying reasons for the company’s performance.
- Quarterly financial reporting consolidation and supplemental schedules.
- Actively engaged in monthly close process for corporate center including journal entries and account reconciliations, and company wide consolidation.
- Assist with the analysis of company and product line results
- Ensure consistency of financial reporting, key performance indicators, and financial performance measures.
- Participate in the execution of all phases of the midyear review and year-end external audit process, including technical research, footnote disclosures and audited financial statement preparation in accordance with IFRS.
- Contribute to the development of company wide financial policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Assist with administration of company wide financial reporting software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with two to five years general accounting experience, required, public accounting experience, preferred.
- CPA, CMA certification, or equivalent capability, preferred.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) basis and income tax reporting basis, preferred.
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), required.
- Microsoft Office proficiency, especially Excel, required. Data Analysis experience, knowledge of SAP and Hyperion, a plus.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints with a large and diverse group of internal customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both oral and written
- Can-do attitude and demonstrated experience in working within a team environment
If you are interested in this Corporate Accountant job in Norfolk, VA or any other Accounting and Finance opportunities, please apply online at www.accountingprincipals.com.
Follow Us on Facebook:
Accounting Principals is a leader in finance and accounting staffing. With every assignment, we seek to prove our value to candidates and clients. Our people-focused approach is what sets us apart. We know that every opening is more than a job and that every candidate is more than a resume. We work closely with candidates to understand their needs and apply our industry expertise to make matches for clients that drive business results. Our ability to dynamically balance the needs of our clients and candidates with the right solutions enables us to make the right fit and achieve success.