Temp to hire Controller job available courtesy of Accounting Principals located in Levittown, PA. For this position you must have a minimum of four years’ experience working at the Controller level, coming out of manufacturing or distribution.
- Responsible for general accounting, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Makes recommendations with respect to cost control and ensures accurate ledger/inventory statements in accordance with corporate policy and procedures.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Responsible for daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Four plus years of experience in an accounting environment.
- Manufacturing or Distribution background
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Be able to work in a virtual environment with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- BS Degree in Accounting
If you would like to be considered for the Controller job located in Levittown, PA please contact our office today at (609) 452-7117.