Accounting Principals is assisting a Hampton Roads client in its search for a Controller. In this role, you will manage day-to-day accounting & financial functions including, but not limited to, preparation of Monthly Financial Reports inclusive of Work In Progress Schedule, Inventory and Asset Management, Accounts Payable, Bank Reconciliations, Cash Flow, Intercompany Transactions & Reconciliations, Performing Audits and Reconciliations of all General Ledger Accounts, and Project Cost Accounting. You will also oversee payroll and billing staff. If you have a strong audit and/or accounting background within the construction industry, contact us today!
- Prepare, analyze, reconcile monthly and quarterly project performance reports and work in progress reports for submission to management
- Ensure accuracy of all accounting systems and processes; ensure accounting practices are carried out and adjusted as necessary to meet business objectives
- Ensure all monthly close items are performed in a timely fashion
- Review and audit financial information for all projects
- Audit Project Performance; review revenue and cost transactions, perform reconciliation as required, provide variance reports to management; analyze costs of materials and supplies, identify cost-benefit analyses where appropriate
- Perform costs analysis inclusive of generating reports, review, verification and reconciliation of division and product unit costs and hours billed to projects, complete job cost entries / adjustments and prepare monthly division reports for managements review
- Assist, prepare semi-annual Incentive Compensation Plan reconciliation
- Coordinate and Manage audits as required
- Minimum of 7+ years of accounting/cost experience in a construction environment with approximately 5 + years as a Senior Accountant, Controller or in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of basic construction practices and related accounting principles and functions with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook skills are a must, Advanced Peachtree knowledge highly preferred
- Strong analytical and accounting skills; must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
If you are interested in this Controller position or any other Accounting and Finance opportunities, please apply online at www.accountingprincipals.com.
Follow Us on Facebook:
Accounting Principals is a leader in finance and accounting staffing. With every assignment, we seek to prove our value to candidates and clients. Our people-focused approach is what sets us apart. We know that every opening is more than a job and that every candidate is more than a resume. We work closely with candidates to understand their needs and apply our industry expertise to make matches for clients that drive business results. Our ability to dynamically balance the needs of our clients and candidates with the right solutions enables us to make the right fit and achieve success.