Accounting Principals is assisting a Newport News Medical office in its search for a Collection Specialist. In this role, you will work 8-5pm, Monday thru Friday, contacting debtors and recovering money owed in as little time as possible. You must be professional and sensitive towards patients while also remaining committed to the purpose and persistent. To be successful in the role, excellent communication skills and a sense of urgency are needed. This is a full-time, contract to hire position with a starting hourly rate of $13.00.
Your duties and responsibilities for this Collection Specialist position include:
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Plan course of action to recover outstanding payments
- Locate and contact debtors to inquire of their payment status
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans
- Handle questions or complaints
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues
- Update account status and database regularly
- Alert superiors of debtors unwilling or unable to pay when necessary
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable
- Proven experience as debt collector, medical collection experience preferred
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Apt in negotiating and persuading
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence
If you are interested in this Collection Specialist Job in Newport News, VA or any other Accounting and Finance opportunities, please apply online at www.accountingprincipals.com.
Follow Us on Facebook:
Accounting Principals is a leader in finance and accounting staffing. With every assignment, we seek to prove our value to candidates and clients. Our people-focused approach is what sets us apart. We know that every opening is more than a job and that every candidate is more than a resume. We work closely with candidates to understand their needs and apply our industry expertise to make matches for clients that drive business results. Our ability to dynamically balance the needs of our clients and candidates with the right solutions enables us to make the right fit and achieve success.
Please apply with your CV to: