Accounting Principals is seeking a Cash Receipts Coordinator for an office in a Philadelphia, PA.
Job Summary& Objectives:
Responsible for verification, application and reporting of incoming receipts in compliance with the firm’s financial policies and procedures.
• Responsible for accurate capture and application of receipts including: Cash, checks, wires, achs and credit card payments.
• Access firm bank accounts to obtain daily incoming electronic payments.
• Research and resolve unapplied and misapplied cash issues.
• Client contact pertaining to allocation of receipts; obtain data to process credit card payments.
• Communicate with attorneys, billing and collection teams, New Business Intake and other personnel on notification and proper posting of incoming receipts.
• Research and follow-up on returned checks.
• Perform Remote Deposit Capture/scanning of all incoming checks.
• Participate in daily closing process: Reconcile daily 3E input with cash/office reports distributed to partners and other personnel.
• Preparation and maintenance of daily receipt folder and scanned check envelope.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet department deadlines, work additional hours as needed.
• Monthly department organization: boxing of prior years’ receipts in preparation for scanning; assemble daily folders and envelopes; shredding of scanned checks.
• Maintain security and confidentiality relating to possession of cash/checks, credit card data, and identification of incoming receipts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate degree preferred.
• 3 or more years of accounts receivable experience, preferably in a law firm.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and accounting applications (Similar to Elite)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively communicate with clients, attorneys and other firm personnel.
• Able to recognize, evaluate and resolve issues relating to the proper application of receipts.
• Strong computer software skills.
• Solid understanding of basic accounting principles.
• Ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
• Ability to recognize, evaluate and resolve issues relating to the proper application of receipts.
• Ability to work under pressure and multitask.
• Work extended hours to meet department deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.accountingprincipals.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Please apply with your CV to: