Accounting Principals is working with one of our top clients in search of a Bookkeeper in Chicago, IL. This position is a contract to hire role with potential to turn permanent for the right Candidate. An associate degree in accounting or higher is preferred. If you or someone you know is interested in this Bookkeeper role, read on to learn how to apply!
- Month and year end journal entries
- Prepare financial statements, client budget reports, accounts receivable reports, etc.
- Payroll: file all payroll taxes and forms monthly, quarterly, and yearly as required by Federal and State laws
- Process bi-weekly commission payments
- Year-end tax preparation, W-2 and 1099 processing
- Prepare all bi-weekly client invoicing and vendor payments for management team approval and mailing as well as corresponding with clients on billing and payment issues
- Facilitate collection processing for outstanding invoices
- Monthly employee expense reporting reconciliations and reimbursements
- Reconcile credit card receipts and monthly statements
- Responsible for follow up phone calls/emails and letters to track billing records, payment requests, bank statements, anything financial that needs follow-up, etc.
- Provide advice and assistance in making decisions in the areas of finances, analysis, financial software, and accounting as requested by management
- Associates degree or higher in accounting or related field
- QuickBooks and MS (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Ability to maintain Client and business confidentiality
- General Ledger experience
- Detailed oriented, organized, and accurate
- Knowledge of accounting software preferred
- Knowledge of payroll and compensation/commission processing
If you are interested in this contract to hire Bookkeeper position in Chicago, IL or other accounting opportunities then click “apply” below and apply online at www.accountingprincipals.com.
Please apply with your CV to: