Accounting Principals is now hiring for a Bank Reconciliation Specialist in Tampa, FL. This is a part-time position with flexible hours.
- Reconcile store and corporate bank statements to accounting records timely and ensure that all discrepancies are thoroughly explained and resolved timely.
- Research and analyze all deposit variances and adjustments, and prepare any related journal entries monthly.
- Report any missing deposits or consistent shortages to Manager, Loss Prevention and store operations management immediately. Cooperate with any investigations and provide research support as needed.
- Provide high quality customer service by responding to inquiries regarding bank transactions and store deposits in a timely, courteous and professional manner.
- Research and resolve gift card reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Assist Manager and co-workers by acting as backup on various accounting tasks including but not limited to daily sales audit research, sales posting, and credit card accounting.
- Maintain established production standards for timely and accurate processing. Consistently meet established deadlines. Make suggestions for process improvements to maximize efficiency. Report production statistics daily.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years accounting/bookkeeping experience required including bank reconciliation and journal entry preparation.
- Retail sales audit or cash office experience would be a plus.
- 10-key by touch; computer skills to include intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and basic knowledge of Word and Outlook.
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and consistently to meet daily and weekly deadlines.
Please submit resume to email@example.com for details and further consideration.