AUDIT ASSURANCE SENIOR ASSOCIATE
Accounting Principals has a client looking for 100 % REMOTE Audit Assurance Senior Associates. Our client’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Their Core Values reflect how they manage their work, their relationships and themselves.
The Audit Senior will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day "in-charge" duties of planning, fieldwork and "wrap-up" to include the preparing of financial statements with disclosures, applying most areas of GAAP as necessary and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems. This position is also responsible for acting as the client contact for basic questions and information and may be involved in reviews and agreed-upon procedure engagements.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent required
- Masters degree in Accountancy preferred
- Two (2) or more years of prior experience in public accounting or four (4) or more years of relevant professional accounting experience working for companies in general industry required.
- One (1) or more years of prior supervisory experience preferred
- Two (2) or more years of prior experience with employee benefit plans strongly preferred
- CPA preferred
- Actively pursuing completion of CPA licensing required
- Other relevant license/certifications (i.e. CEBS, QPA) strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with various assurance applications and research tools beneficial
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid understanding and experience planning and coordinating the stages to perform an audit of a basic public and/or private company
- Knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional standards and regulations (GAAP, GAAS, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a group environment
- Superior analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implementing appropriate resolutions
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy
- ERISA: Understanding of the Department of Labor rules and regulations for reporting and disclosure for qualified retirement and health and welfare benefit plans
- IRC: Understanding of compliance and testing requirements related to employee benefit plans
- Solid project management skills
If you feel you are a fit for the Audit Assurance Senior Associate position please apply above now, or send your resume directly to: Ryan.Paul@accountingprincipals.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.accountingprincipals.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Please apply with your CV to: