Does an Assistant Controller role within the entertainment industry sound exciting to you? Our client is located in Brooklyn, NY and seeking a poised accounting professional to join their team with at least five years of experience. To be considered you should have proven ability to work effectively on multiple projects and have strong GAAP, month end, and financial statement preparation knowledge. Bachelor’s degree required, NetSuite experience preferred.
As Assistant Controller your daily functions will include:
- Prepare journal entries and update all documents for month end
- Prepare and review financial statements on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Budget v. actual analysis and forecasting duties
- Manage fixed asset depreciation schedules
- Oversight of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance
- Five to seven years of experience in corporate accounting
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Meticulously detail-oriented and able to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent MS Excel skills, understanding of the general ledger and financial analysis proficiencies
- Strong verbal/written communication and organizational skills a must
Please submit your resume below for immediate consideration if you feel this is the job for you.
Please apply with your CV to: