Our client is looking for an individual for a contract to hire AP/AR Specialist job in Chicago, IL. You must have at least 6 months of accounts payable and accounts receivable experience. You must also have experience with Microsoft Excel. In addition, make collection calls and provide customer services regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, account adjustments, credit memos, resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
AP/AR Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in resolution of cash application
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due
- Process credit card payments and send checks to bank
- Monitor, manage outstanding receivables & payables
- Prepare all A/R adjustments when necessary
- Collect on accounts by sending bill reminders and communicating with customers via phone, email, fax, or mail
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Minimum of six months to one year of accounts payable and account receivable experience
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Familiarity with credit and collection operations procedures, including reconciliation of A/R activity
- Great Plains experience is preferred
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Strong analytical skills
If you are interested in this contract to hire AP/AR Specialist job in Chicago, IL or other accounting opportunities then click “apply” below and apply online at www.accountingprincipals.com.