Accounting Principals is looking for a strong Accounts Receivable/Collection Specialist for a contract to hire opportunity in Tampa. Primary responsibilities include ownership of A/R Aging for designated lines of business and B2B collections, working both through a relationship manager as well as direct contact with the customer.
- Consistently monitor AR aging throughout the month to determine potential payment issues and promptly reach out to either the relationship manager or directly with the customer.
- For previously identified potential payment issues, consistently follow-up on payment status and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Liaise with operations to research and resolve customer queries and disputes
- Maintain an AR aging working file that tracks the collection status for all past due accounts and report on status as requested.
- For defined collection and other AR processes, ensure that those processes are adhered to timely, always looking for process-improvement opportunities.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with both our internal stakeholders and external customers is paramount to this position.
- Billing and cash application for certain customers and providing support to our offshore team for the remaining customers.
- Performs reconciliations and prepares certain AR reports.
- Prepares journal entries, including the monthly bad debt reserve.
- Willingness to be flexible with work time when workloads are high
- Assist with related special projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting and/or relevant collections experience
- SAP experience a plus
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail, high level of accuracy and the ability to work independently
- Quick learner and a team player with a passion for customer service
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent computer skills, especially MS Excel
For consideration for this role please apply online at www.accountingprincipals.com and send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply with your CV to: