Is one of your strengths building relationships with vendors? Are you the one who can always seem to get RFPs renegotiated & lowered? Can you look at a 25 page contract & NOT get overwhelmed??! If so, then please apply to this job!
My Irving Client is looking for a SHARP/PROFESSIONAL AP Specialist ASAP. If you meet the requirements below, please APPLY @ www.accountingprincipals.com
$16-$18 per hour.
This position is more than keying in payables.
The candidate must know some accounting, preferably how the GL relates to AP.
It is high volume and somewhat complicated.
Dynamics AX and it can be difficult to learn.
Product lines utilize a lot of SKUs and coding is several components
Need someone sharp, willing to learn and has a high attention to detail.
The Accounts Payable Specialist takes the lead in managing payments of goods and services to vendors by matching purchase orders, gathering charge slips, sales tickets, receivers, etc. and preparing invoices for payment with proper cost center and GL coding. This position will also provide accounting support through account reconciliation, accruals, reports and schedules.
Additional accounting support functions are outlined below.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Accounts Payable
- Maintain vendor list in AX, add vendors as needed, ensuring accurate entry and updating of vendor information; compliance of new vendor setup, including receipt of W-9s.
- Receive and review invoices from vendors. Match invoices to receivers if applicable.
- Post invoices for payment by matching same to existing purchase orders in Accounting system (AX)
- Standard vendor payables, utilities, etc.
- Freight/Fed Ex invoices
- Auto/Mem payables
- Intercompany transactions
- Some coding of invoices may be required, requiring knowledge of chart of accounts & general ledger.
- Learn to calculate and process payment requests for Auto/Mem vendors (backup staff).
- Match processed invoices to check, obtain signatures and mail payments.
- Process wire transfers and ACH transactions.
- Create purchase orders in AX for recurrent and/or monthly payments, such as utilities.
- Research and correct discrepancies with vendor invoices as needed.
- Review vendor statements; handle incoming and outgoing vendor calls.
- Reconcile, code, and prepare for payment, the Company’s American Express statement.
- Prepare month-end accruals.
- Maintain accounts payables reports, spreadsheets, and other schedules.
2. Purchasing and General Accounting
- Assist employees in the creation of requisitions and purchase orders.
- Assist Controller and other Accounting personnel with projects as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to handle high-volume invoices within established deadlines.
- General knowledge of accounting with a strong understanding of the general ledger accounts and how they relate to invoices. Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Must be detailed oriented and possess excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines; work on multiple tasks & projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ability to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to work in team environment with varied departments and diverse personalities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors and co-workers through email, phone and in person.
- Ability to write effective short correspondence.
- Reliable attendance and ability to work overtime as needed.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel.
Equipment/Software, Education and Experience:
- Related work experience in accounting or finance. Previous accounts payables experience highly desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word; Microsoft Dynamics AX (Accounting software) experience helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred, but not required. A combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
Please apply with your CV to: