This position supports the accounts payable operations (processing approximately $1B in invoices annually). This includes procure to pay business process improvements, performing month and year end close and ERP reconciliation, creating insightful AP metrics reporting, ensuring compliance and control through driving policy compliance and working with internal audit, as well as developing and providing necessary training to end users.
This AP analyst will play a crucial key user role in large Procure to Pay optimization projects. He/She will provide insights on current process flow, provide recommendations on future state. He/She will participate through all stages of project implementation including design, testing, go live and post go live training.
- Develop and publish AP analysis to identify issues such as incorrect unit price, variance discrepancies, goods not received, duplicate invoices to enable AP and Purchasing collectively resolving them on a timely basis
- Through insightful AP and Staff metrics, need to identify opportunities on effectiveness and efficiencies of AP processes and Staff performance.
- Co-lead with AP manager on presentations/inputs for Procure to Pay team (AP, purchasing, and receiving) to identify opportunities to optimize business and IT processes
- Prepare reports for AP reconciliation and general ledger accounts
- Analyze AP processes by collaborating with General Accounting
- Bachelor Degree, minimum of six years of current experience with AP department can substitute for minimum education requirements
- 2-5 years in Accounts Payable or Accounting Operation Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficient in PeopleSoft