We are looking for a collections specialist solid collection experience a must. Are you looking for a dynamic company to grow with, then this could be the position for you.
You are the ideal candidate if you have:
• Manage assigned portfolio including a substantial number of problem or special handling accounts. Review past due reports, prepare collections-related correspondence and assist brokers, insureds and internal staff with collection issues.
• Perform premium accounting work to include tracking non-payments, request of return premium payments, processing premium write-offs and other adjustments, and preparation of underwriting department deposit transfer reconciliations as requested.
• Serve as Direct Collections (DC) Liaison and provide timely reporting of bad debt accounts status', fees, and costs. Prepare appropriate documentation for recommendation of DC assignment or litigation.
• Assist with collections-related process and policy documentation and reporting. Contribute to special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Thorough knowledge of credit, bankruptcy and collection laws and collection techniques.
• Basis working knowledge of business accounting, contract compliance and understanding of cash flow.
• Exceptional customer service and interpersonal relationship skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software with advanced knowledge of Excel.
If you have the Qualifications this would be ideal:
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field.
• 6+ years’ progressively responsible experience in a premium accounting environment, preferably in the property/casualty industry. Workers' compensation experience a plus.
• Accounts Receivable Manager (ARM) and/or Accredited Receivables Specialist (ARS) designations a plus.
Please apply with your CV to: