Accounting Principals is looking for a strong Accounts Receivable/Collection Specialist for a contract to hire opportunity in Tampa. Primary responsibilities include ownership of A/R (Accounts Receivable) Aging for designated lines of business and B2B collections, working both through a relationship manager as well as direct contact with the customer.
Responsibilities also include working with operations to resolve any customer disputes, overseeing cash application process (performed offshore) for respective customers and writing off bad debt, as required.
Secondary responsibilities include billing, cash applications, reporting and reconciliations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The successful candidate will have:
- Consistently monitor AR aging throughout the month to determine potential payment issues and promptly reach out to either the relationship manager or directly with the customer.
- For previously identified potential payment issues, consistently follow-up on payment status and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Liaise with operations to research and resolve customer queries and disputes
- Maintain an AR aging working file that tracks the collection status for all past due accounts and report on status as requested.
- For defined collection and other AR processes, ensure that those processes are adhered to timely, always looking for process-improvement opportunities.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with both our internal stakeholders and external customers is paramount to this position.
- Billing and cash application for certain customers and providing support to our offshore team for the remaining customers.
- Performs reconciliations and prepares certain AR reports.
- Prepares journal entries, including the monthly bad debt reserve.
- Willingness to be flexible with work time when workloads are high
- Assist with related special projects as necessary.
For consideration for this role please apply online at www.accountingprincipals.com and send a copy of your resume to email@example.com
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or significant relevant experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting and/or relevant collections experience. Business2Business collections is key for this role
- SAP experience a plus
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail, high level of accuracy and the ability to work independently
- Quick learner and a team player with a passion for customer service
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent computer skills, especially MS Excel