Accounts Receivable Collections Job in the Fairfield Ohio area (Direct Hire)
Our client in the Fairfield area is looking to add an experienced Accounts Receivable and Collections professional to their team on a Direct Hire basis. This candidate will need to have some A/R Collections experience in their background preferably in a Business to Business environment. Excellent customer service skill is needed and the ability to establish and maintain relationships with clients. This position will pay between $35,000 and $37,000 annually.
Primary Job Duties:
• Review, adjust, reconcile and send monthly invoices to assigned commercial account customers.
• Contact customers, by telephone and email, to determine reasons for overdue payments and secure payment of outstanding invoices. Communicate with districts and escalate collection issues as appropriate to resolve.
• Determine proper payment allocation as required or requested by A/R processing personnel
• Resolve short payment discrepancies that customers claim when making payment
• Complete adjustment forms and follow up with Districts to ensure adjustments are completed timely and accurately
• Based on established policy and on a timely basis, investigate and resolve on-account payments received and other credits/debits that have not been assigned to an invoice
• Resolve and clear credit balance invoices before such invoices age 60 days
• Prepare monthly collection reports to be submitted to Management
• Report potential collection problems to the department manager
• Work within established collection goals and guidelines
• Maintain detailed customer notes
• Perform periodic audits of outstanding receivables for assigned accounts.
• Meet with management on a regular basis to provide feedback, suggest policy and procedural changes to improve department performance
• Completes special assignments as required
• 3-4 years of A/R - Collections and Customer Service experience
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• B2B collections experience is highly preferred
• Prior experience in an accounting department and other A/R functions
• Associate’s Degree is highly preferred but not required
• Must be proficient with computer skills. Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook & Word)
If you are interested in learning more about this direct hire opportunity, please apply directly at www.accountingprincipals.com.
Please apply with your CV to: