Accounting Principals is partnering with a company in mid Nassau County to fill an Accounts Payable Specialist position. This position will handle cash disbursements, ensure that invoices are paid according to contract; review and analyze vendor statements.
• Respond to external vendors and internal managers regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment, recording sales tax, freight.
• Research information to provide accurate and timely solutions to internal clients and vendors at multiple locations.
• Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm the correct General Ledger account codes are used.
• Generate Payments to vendors on a routine schedule and within terms. Ensure all approvals /POs are attached prior to release of payment.
• Works Accounts Payable email address daily, extracting invoices for processing.
• Coding all invoices for processing.
• Work all vendor statements monthly to ensure AP has all invoices.
• Prepare weekly check run and submit to AP Supervisor.
• Run the GL dimensions report for accurate reporting of invoices entered.
• Participates and supports special projects.
• Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education & Experience Requirements
• 3-year related experience in a high – volume environment with multiple locations.
• Ability to work independently.
• Possess high level of reliability, precision, and attention to detail.
• Associate degree in accounting with relevant work experience.
• Excellent verbal and written and interpersonal communication skills.
Other skills required:
• High degree of accuracy.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to interact with vendors and employees in a professional manner.
• Organizational and time management.
• Communication Skills
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Microsoft Suite – Proficient Excel
• Sage Intaact preferred
This is an office position and will pay upwards of $60K when perm -some flexibility with experience.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.accountingprincipals.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Please apply with your CV to: