Accounting Principals is searching for an experienced Accounts Payable Specialst for one of our clients in San Leandro, CA. The position will be responsible for full-cycle Accounts Payable which includes purchase order/receiver matching, weekly check runs, job cost coding, data entry, sales tax and reconciling general ledger accounts. The right candidate will be a team player, able to work independantly, and manage multiple tasks and projects.
• Match purchase orders and receivers to invoice and attain proper approval
• Review or code general ledger account distribution.
• Accurately input invoices into system
• Respond to vendors' inquiries.
• Reconcile statements from vendors.
• Prepare weekly accounts payable check run, print checks, attach back-up, and batch for signature.
• Maintain Purchase Order system
• Responsible for Accounts Payable Month-End Close
• Reconcile A/P sub-ledger/aging to General Ledger
• Prepare monthly Sales Tax payments
• Year-end 1099/1096 processing.
• Respond to requests for data during annual audit
• Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of interest
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Industry experience in the construction filed (job costing)
• Strong accounting knowledge knowing accrual based accounting
• Microsoft Office skills with Excel, Word, and proficient with 10-key
• Strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
• Excellent communications able to work with all levels of the organization
Compensation: $23.00 – $27.00
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
If you are interested in this or other job opportunities available through Accounting Principals, please submit your resume today at www.AccountingPrincipals.com!
Please apply with your CV to: