A leading nonprofit in Reston, VA is searching for a Staff Accountant to join their growing team. As the Staff Accountant, you will perform functions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, in addition to processing transactions into the general ledger. This company offers amazing benefits, including 100% healthcare premium coverage, 15% of your salary will go into a retirement account which is fully vested after 90 days, as well as generous time off. Previous employees have noted an “excellent work-life balance” and value the organization as “a wonderful place to work”. The salary range for this role is between $60,000 - $67,000.
Staff Accountant Job Responsibilities:
- Process transactions in the general ledger
- Generate journal entries for month end close
- Prepare 1099s/1042s, reconcile quarterly 941 returns
- Prepare and process semi-monthly payroll
- Maintain accurate financial records regarding fixed assets
- Research and document GAAP best practices, along with tax issues
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- 3+ years of GAAP experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply submit your resume to www.accountingprincipals.com today!
Please apply with your CV to: