Accounts Payable Specialist
This is an in-office role.
ON SITE Phoenix AZ
Do you have a passion for Accounts Payable? Eat, Sleep, Dream Breathe AP? If so, you may be an AP Specialist and this role may be right for you. This role is ON SITE in PHOENIX ARIZONA so please only apply if you are already available and in the area.
· Codes such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
· Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email
· Collection of daily mail and depositing of checks received.
· Cash Management.
· Prepares non-inventory purchase order requisitions.
· Attaches the corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
· Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
· Communicates with vendors on billing issues with emphasis on maintaining and enhancing the relationship with the vendor.
· Process employee reimbursement requests on a regular basis
· Process intercompany transactions
· Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
· Assists with monthly status reports, and monthly closings.
· Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
· Process remittance information from checks, drafts and wire transfers for invoices provided by vendors, reviewing instructions accompanying items to determine proper disposition and crediting accounts in accordance with standard procedures.
· Receives, researches, and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
· Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records, and reports.
· Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department as assigned.
· Accounts Payable or General Accounting experience
· Degree is HIGHLY preferred.
· 10-key by touch
· Experience with An Accounting Software like MS Dynamics GP or Oracle
· STRONG Experience with Excel
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
· Open to change and willing to learn new skills
· Ability to follow up on pending issues
· Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
· Ability to multitask between projects or software
· Experience in PSI Capture scanning software
· Tech savvy
· Fast learner
· Someone who can come in and button up their sleeves with little supervision
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.accountingprincipals.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Please apply with your CV to: