Accounting Principals is assisting a Newport News, VA client in its search for an Accounts Payable Specialist. To be considered for this position, you must have prior high volume payable experience, be a team player, and able to successfully pass a criminal and drug screen. This is a full-time temporary position with the potential to become permanent and pays $17.50 to $22.00 an hour.
Your essential duties and responsibilities for this Accounts Payable position include:
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes
- Reconcile statements.
- Analyze accounts payable & material in transit reports.
- Work closely with Purchasing to resolve discrepancies.
- Process payments via bank wire or paper check.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and computers.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Assist with account receivable and special projects as necessary
- A High School Diploma and two years experience of applicable accounting work experience
- Strong math aptitude in addition, multiplication, subtraction, division, and percentages.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and email.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to work accurately with numbers.
- Solid analytical skills, including detecting and resolving problems.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
If you are interested in this Accounts Payable Specialist job in Newport News, VA or any other Accounting and Finance opportunities, please apply online at www.accountingprincipals.com.
Follow Us on Facebook:
Accounting Principals is a leader in finance and accounting staffing. With every assignment, we seek to prove our value to candidates and clients. Our people-focused approach is what sets us apart. We know that every opening is more than a job and that every candidate is more than a resume. We work closely with candidates to understand their needs and apply our industry expertise to make matches for clients that drive business results. Our ability to dynamically balance the needs of our clients and candidates with the right solutions enables us to make the right fit and achieve success.
Please apply with your CV to: