Accounts Payable Manager
Accounting Principals has an Accounts Payable Manager job located in Houston, TX. This position will be responsible for all activities in the accounts payable department. This position ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers as well as maintains accurate records and control reports. The Accounts Payable Manager will review applicable accounting reports and the accounts payable register to ensure accuracy. Manages a staff of 6 in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. Ensures that projects, department milestones and goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Extensive knowledge of departmental workflow process is well managed and performed adequately.
This is a direct hire opportunity and you will earn between $75K and $85K per year depending on your experience.
The Accounts Payable Manager job responsibilities include:
- Prepare and review all check, EFT, and wire disbursements, managing the cash flow and AP aging to keep vendors paid in a timely manner
- Coordinate with other company staff to ensure rents, taxes, per diems, reimbursements, etc. are paid in a timely manner.
- Review GL coding on non-PO invoices, credit card charges, etc.
- Assist with audits
- Perform the month end closing process and reconciliation of the ledgers
- Maintain excellent working relationship with external suppliers
- Coordinate the closing of all AP accounts within monthly deadlines to ensure timely reporting to senior managers
- Review and ensure that supplier statement reconciliations are prepared
- Analyze supplier aging and resolve old unrecognized balances
- Prepare detailed commentaries as part of balance sheet integrity on a monthly basis and present to senior management
- Review and approve complex monthly accruals and backup calculations to ensure accuracy and validity of numbers presented in finance and business reviews
- Manage change in Accounts Payable division, update process maps and ensure compliance company requirements
- Responsible for all management reporting of Accounts Payable (balance sheet integrity)
- Selects and hires employees for the Accounts Payable department. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Prepares and recommends operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary.
The Accounts Payable Manager job requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- 7+ years of experience in Accounts Payable within the Construction, Industrial Services or Rental industry
- 3 or more years of management experience in an Accounts Payable environment
- Ability to take ownership and run the accounts payable department independently
- Previous experience in Shared Services environment preferred
- Must have 1099 filing experience
- MS Dynamics Great Plains experience or other large ERP system experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with staff, accountants, vendors, and upper management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage a fast-paced environment
If you are interested and qualify for this Accounts Payable Manager job, please email your resume in MS Word format directly to email@example.com
If you are interested in other accounting and finance related job opportunities through Accounting Principals please apply online at AccountingPrincipals.com!
Please apply with your CV to: