Accounts Payable Lead Job in Seattle, WA
A leading sports equipment company in Seattle, WA wants you to join their team. This position will handle month end close, accruals, accounts payable reporting and managing day-to-day functions of the A/P team. The role will have regular interaction with the A/P team by leading and directing their work and ensuring accurate and efficient completion of tasks. This is a direct hire role. The company offers full benefits, an orca card, and a sizable discount on company products. If you have supervising or lead experience we want to talk to you. If you have a passion for outdoor extreme sports you will love this work environment!
Accounts Payable Lead Job Responsibilities:
• Lead the A/P team, including coaching, managing workload, and ensuring quality customer service.
• Train new and existing staff on processes and changes as they occur and create and maintain training tools.
• Serve as the point of contact for all vendor onboarding, escalations, helpdesk requests, and management support
• Review and approve vendor payments
• Assist in month end close processes, including preparation & review of accruals, journal entries, reconciliations and account analysis in a timely manner
• Create and review month end reporting packages and dashboards
• Oversee the American Express card program, including issuing cards, applications, and monitoring spend and payments
• Manage employee expense Reimbursement issues, including payment, corporate card, exceptions, review, etc
• Participate in system implementations and introduction of new technologies to the A/P processes
• Work with a diverse group of employees
• Perform year-end 1099-Misc & 1042 IRS filings
• Support audit requirement on a quarterly and annual basis.
• BA/BS in Accounting preferred
• 5+ years accounting experience with a monthly close in a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment
• Ability to prioritize work and solve problems
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work with a sense of urgency
• Well-developed oral and written communication ability
• Strong analytical ability
• Experience on a tier one ERP system Intermediate/Advanced Excel & Access knowledge
To apply for the Accounts Payable Lead Job in Bellevue, WA click “apply” or visit our website at www.accountingprincipals.com for other accounting and finance positions in the greater Seattle area. Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please apply with your CV to: