Accounting Clerk -Inventory Department
Accounting Principals is looking for a self-motivated Bilingual accounting clerk for a temp to hire role for a great company in Van Nuys! The right candidate will have at least 1 year of bookkeeping/Accounting experience and enjoy working on a variety of projects as well as be the face of the department and interacting with employees and customers at all levels. The accounting clerk / bookkeeper will be responsible for handling the fundamental aspects of financial record keeping, including recording financial transactions, managing accounts payable and receivable, cost estimates, and budgets.
Accounting Clerk duties:
The Inventory Control Assistant works to ensure inventory accuracy in ERP system by collaborating with various departments to enforce consistent processes regarding Inventory control.
• Works with the Finance and Supply Chain to ensure that all documents are available.
• Support Purchasing and production planning
• Analyze inventory reports weekly and reconcile discrepancies
• Develop and implemented cycle count program and quarterly physical inventory
• Analyze inventory accuracy and adjustments
• Reconcile errors in a timely manner
• Monitor integrity of inventory and item master data related to costing/valuation
• Maintain standards for landed costs and labor and ensure that variances to actuals are analyzed, re-measured, and adjusted regularly.
• Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items monthly
• Prepare inventory reports for management as required
• Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor
• Be numbers oriented – Good knowledge of Excel – Enjoy playing with data
• Good verbal and written communication
• General proficiency in using Microsoft word, excel, outlook and power point
• ERP systems knowledge
• Be focused and fast-paced, quick and organized