Accounting Principals is looking for an Accounting Specialist in the Oak Brook area. The ideal candidate is someone who is detail oriented and can work well in a team environment.
• Prepare financial statements for a portfolio of properties, including General Ledger month-end close, actual to budget variance review, and ability to learn various types of real estate accounting software
• Prepare timely and accurate monthly property financial statements for a 3 to 4 property portfolio by deadlines established within Client Accounting Services and by external Client
• Prepare additional schedules, which are required to support account balances or are specifically required by owners
• Submit financial statements and work papers in reviewable form (including documentation) and within the proper time frame for review
• Responsible for cash management of assigned properties
• Insure that all bank statements are reconciled on a timely basis and follow-up on all outstanding checks and reconciling items monthly
- Prepare sales, property tax and property tax returns
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• 1 - 2 years accounting experience preferred but not required; real estate a plus
• Strong analytical skills, organizational skills
• Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong Excel skills required
• Strong attention to detail and proficient time management and the ability to excel in a fast paced environment.
If this position interests you, please apply below!
Please apply with your CV to: