Accountant Analyst Job located in the Princeton, NJ are courtesy of Accounting Principals. This is a temporary project that will last for approximately 6 months. Company offering excellent work environment as well as team atmosphere.
Accountant Analyst Job Responsibilities:
- Record Financial Development revenue through the Raisers Edge interface.
- Collaborate with Financial Development to maintain a detailed pledge receivable schedule, including an aging analysis. Calculate reserves, discounts and net present value related to Financial Development revenue on a quarterly basis. Periodically work with FD to write off passed due pledges and subsequently adjust reserves, discounts and net present value.
- Maintain and distribute the Temporarily Restricted Private Grant Schedule. Work with appropriate departments to ensure all aspects of the donor restriction has been met and funds are released in accordance with GAAP. Upon request, provide appropriate reports and documentation to FD for grant reporting.
- Develop analytical models and reports to support key financial and strategic initiatives as needed (in Excel/NetSuite/Access). Work closely with the CFO to identify and understand needs of key internal departments. Initiate communication of progress to CFO and impacted business partners being mindful of cost-benefit tradeoff between fine tuning accuracy vs. materiality for management reporting when deadlines are at risk.
- Electronically deposit all checks received on a daily basis. Deposit cash received on a weekly basis.
- Process Household and institutional sales generated by Programs & Services.
- Monitor customer receivables and follow up as needed.
- Reconcile all bank accounts except payroll.
- Analyze and reconcile assigned accounts, and maintain work papers to facilitate a smooth audit process.
- Properly track and record deferred revenue, primarily membership fees, and supporting schedules.
- Minimum BS in finance or accounting.
- Solid understanding of financial and accounting principles (GAAP)
- 4-6 years’ experience working in a finance department, with specific responsibilities covering general ledger accounting/reporting and budget preparation.
If you are qualified for this position, please contact Erica Christiansen immediately at (609) 452-7117. All resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply with your CV to: